…while mainstream news programs continue to warn and report about violence and destruction, there is something irrepressible in the human spirit as we celebrate a New Year with a kaleidoscope of light and sound.
…forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before” Philippians 3:13-14
The same dynamic is echoed in the Agni Yoga writings:
Leave behind all regrets about the past, let us not make the path to the future difficult for ourselves. The very mistakes of the past must not fix attention upon themselves. Striving into the future must be so strong that the light will not grow dim in eyes which are not directed backwards. Let us forsake the past for the sake of the future. One can strive so strongly into the future that in all conditions this blessed eagerness will forever remain. Each striving toward the future is striving toward Brotherhood.” Brotherhood, 487
– that knowing of the soul whose kingdom is already showing in bright shoots amongst the ashes of all that is passing.
– we can also look for the signs of Christ as they appear in the world by virtue of “human hands and human feet”.
- Malala Fund: Advocating and supporting education for all girls at local, national and international levels; lobbying for resources and policy changes needed to ensure all girls complete 12 years of school.; developing country education leaders and organisations, the people who best understand girls in their communities, in regions where most girls miss out on secondary education; amplifying girls’ voices. Malala Fund believes adolescent girls should speak for themselves and tell leaders what resources they need to learn and achieve their potential.” See: https://www.malala.org/about
- Eradicating Ecocide: Polly Higgins “is an international lawyer, UK based barrister, award-winning author and lead Ecocide law expert. Her proposal to expand the remit of the International Criminal Court to include Ecocide as an international crime …will ensure global governance and protection against …State and corporate crime that causes or fails to prevent climate disasters as well as other ecological catastrophes.”
- In the Footsteps of Refugees, Berlin-Aleppo Peace March: Hundreds of marchers, mainly Europeans, will retrace the route taken by the refugees from Syria to Europe, to bring the world’s attention to the terrible plight of the people of Aleppo and all the refugees from the region. They will pass through 8 countries, walking hundreds of miles over several months, sleeping in tents, depending on the kindness of strangers for food, water, and other necessities. Acting as a voice for the voiceless, they are attempting to do what the world’s nations have failed to do.” See: http://www.euronews.com/2016/12/26/in-the-footsteps-of-refugees-berlin-aleppo-peace-march-begins
- Orange Sky Laundry: is the world’s first free mobile laundry service for the homeless. “A crazy idea in 2014 to put two washing machines and two dryers in a van and wash and dry clothes for free. Starting in the streets of Brisbane, Orange Sky has now grown to 10 services across Australia in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney, Sunshine Coast, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide, SE Melbourne and Hobart. Orange Sky Laundry now does over 6.9 tonnes of laundry every week. However most importantly, it has over 1,300 hours of positive and genuine conversations every week.”
- Amazing humans, BBC: Acknowledging many “ordinary” human beings who are going beyond past expectations and acting from the heart. See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tag/amazing-humans
- Other publications reporting changes towards a heart-centred world: Positive News https://www.positive.news/; The Good News Agency: http://www.goodnewsagency.org/en/home.php And sections in media such as Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/section/good-news and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/positive-news/
We invite everyone to note each day at least one thing that reveals the new emerging civilisation of the heart.
Please feel free to share your discoveries either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the “Leave a reply” space below this article on our website at: www.sydneygoodwill.org.au All relevant commentary will be published through the website.
If we look for the new in the structure and dynamic of the old we may miss the subtle pulse of the pure heart beating to a newer, finer rhythm.
…ashramic sharing is one of the great compensations of discipleship. By means of it added light can be ‘occultly endured.’ …Great united strength can be brought to the service of the [divine] Plan, and the occult significance of the words: ‘My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure’ can be grasped. The perfected strength of the Ashram (symbolised by the number 10) becomes available to the disciple whose purity of heart has enabled him to penetrate into the Ashram; his knowledge becomes more rapidly transmuted into wisdom as his mind is subjected to the play of the higher understanding of Those with Whom he is associated; gradually he begins to contribute his own quota of light and of understanding to those just entering and to those who are his equals.” Discipleship in the New Age, Vol II, page 330
As the old decays and falls, let’s create together the new civilisation from the authority and wisdom of the shared heart and allow that competitive acquisitiveness, which has run beyond its useful course, to pass into history.
In love all the contradiction of existence merge themselves and are lost. Only in love are unity and duality not at variance. Love must be one and two at the same time. Only love is motion and rest in one. Our heart ever changes its place till it finds love, and then it has its rest… Bondage and liberation are not antagonistic in love, for love is most free and at the same time most bound.” ~ Rabindranath Tagore
* * *
Even after all this time the Sun never says to the Earth: ‘You owe me.’
Look what happens to a love like that. It lights the whole sky.” ~ Rumi