Be part of the 2014 global Vigil for World Invocation Day by using the Great Invocation, on the quarter hour, at times of your choosing during the days Thursday and Friday June 12 and 13.
World Invocation Day 2014
On World Invocation Day groups and individuals around the planet unite in prayer and meditation to invoke energies of Light, Love and Spiritual Will, using the Great Invocation. World Invocation Day has been observed annually since 1952.
In the birthing of a just, interdependent global society we need, above all, more light, love and spiritual will.
Using the Great Invocation every 15 minutes
You are invited to hold an alignment with lighted energies – using the Great Invocation
Mindfulness Clock App Will Help You Keep the 15 Minute Rhythm
Folks from the Washington Mindfulness Community offer a wonderful app to download on your computer. The Mindfulness Clock can be set to sound a chime every 15 minutes, so as you are continuing with your work on Friday, June 13, you can quietly pause and use the Great Invocation every 15 minutes throughout the day. Imagine the pulse of invocation generated by thousands of people using the Great Invocation on this rhythm.
Download the Mindfulness Clock for PCs here.
One Initiative Among Many
The World Invocation Day Vigil has been observed globally since 2003
By registering you let others know that you are linking with them.
How to participate:
1. Choose the times you will take part in the Vigil. You can organise a gathering in your community so that a group can meditate and use the Great Invocation every 15 minutes or you can take part in the Vigil as an individual.
2. Register your participation as an individual or a group here. The times shown on the Sign Up form are in your own time zone. Choose any times on Thursday or Friday June 12 and 13. Choose as many times as you wish. See full instructions on registration and in case you have any technical difficulties.
3. Begin precisely on the quarter hour by using the Great Invocation.
4. Link in thought with the others who are linking at the same precise time as you and then with everyone in the world who will be using the Great Invocation on this special day.
5. Reflect on humanity’s need for light, love and spiritual purpose.
6. Visualise the lighted, loving energies that can create the mental and emotional understanding and atmosphere within which right relations can flourish in ourselves, our communities, our nations, and our world.
7. Use the Great Invocation precisely on the quarter hour. As you do this think of the rhythmic pulse of invocation flooding the mental environment of the planet.