FAQ: THE SOLSTICE SILENT MINUTE
calibrated to 21 December 2019 at 9.00pm London GMT/UTC
1. What is the December Solstice Silent Minute 2019?
2. What is the purpose of the December Solstice Silent Minute?
- Simple: you are invited to give a minute of your time
- Inclusive and global: whoever you are, wherever you are, you will share the exact same minute with citizens everywhere
- Positive: focused unified thought is action that creates positive effects.
By focusing our highest intentions for our planet through a dedicated minute of unified silence we contribute to this global reservoir of thought that will inspire cooperative endeavours to create a better world for all.
3. Where does this idea of the December Solstice Silent Minute come from?
4. Who is behind the December Solstice Silent Minute?
5. How do I participate in the December Solstice Silent Minute 2019?
- individually, knowing that you are joining millions of others around the world
- together: gathering with family, friends and colleagues
- as a group: create your own event in your community
- online: join an online event (see below).
6. Is there a specific format for the December Solstice Silent Minute 2019?
i. Ring a bell at 8.59pm London GMT to prepare for the Solstice Silent Minute
- use whatever sacred or secular practice* serves for you to identify with the deepest/highest part of yourself.
- focus with gratitude on what is good, beautiful and true about Humanity’s stewardship of our planet.
- attune to your willingness to give whatever you can of yourself and your resources.
- open yourself up to receive inspiration.
ii. Ring a bell at 9.00pm London GMT and enter one minute of Silence.
- enter into a place of stillness and silence.
- remain connected to goodness, gratitude, and your willingness to make a difference.
- receive what comes to you, and through you, to others.
iii. Ring a bell at 9.01pm London GMT to close the Silent Minute.
- visualize the spiritual power generated, radiating throughout our planet making a difference to all kingdoms on Earth.
A clip will be available on YouTube in December for people who do not have a bell at hand. Solstice Silent Minute Bell
Let the Forces of Light bring Illumination to Humankind.
Let the Spirit of Peace be spread abroad.
May all those of goodwill everywhere meet in a spirit of cooperation.
May forgiveness be the keynote at this time.
Let power attend the efforts of the Great Ones.
So let it be and help us to do our part.
7. Is there something I can do now?
8. How do I calculate my local time in relation to 9.00pm London GMT/UTC on the day of the December Solstice?
- Enter 21 December 2019 at 9.00pm in the date, month, year, hour section.
- Then select “United Kingdom – England – London” in the location box OR in the dropdown menu for “or choose” select “GMT/UTC” which is at the top of the menu before the list of countries.
- Select your own location in the next box, to convert to your local time zone.
9. Where do I get more information about the December Solstice Silent Minute?
- Download Flyer:
- Download FAQs:
Solstice Silent Minute_FAQ_21 December 2019.docx (Word format)
Solstice Silent Minute_FAQ_21 December 2019_2.pdf (PDF)
- View the time-converter to calibrate your local time to this global moment: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html
Download, print and distribute. We suggest you use paper which is at least 200gsm. In addition to making the templates available as PDFs, they are also available as Word documents so that you may download and insert details for your city or country and its relevant time-zone. Click the following links to download an MS-Word .docx file:-
- Bookmarks: PDF: Solstice Silent Minute bookmarks.pdf; Word Document: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks.docx
- Bookmarks with Australian times: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_Australian Time Zones.pdf
- Cards: PDF: Solstice Silent Minute_Cards.pdf; Word document: Solstice Silent Minute_Cards.docx
We have provided some bookmark exemplars in PDF format:-
- Generic: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks.pdf
- Australia: All Time Zones: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_Australian Time Zones.pdf
- Darjeeling: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_Darjeeling.pdf
- Dharamsala: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_Dharamsala
- France: French_MINUTE SILENCIEUSE AU SOLSTICE _Bookmarks
- Geneva: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_Geneva.pdf
- Glastonbury: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_21 December 2019_Glastonbury
- Greece: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_Greece.pdf
- Italy: Minuto Silenzioso del Solstizio_Bookmarks_Italian
- London: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_21 December 2019_London.pdf
- New York: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_New York_EST.pdf
- New Zealand: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_New Zealand
- Russia: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_Russian
- Tokyo: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_Tokyo.pdf
- United Kingdom: Solstice Silent Minute_Bookmarks_21 December 2019_United Kingdom
We’ve found this link helpful for the timezone conversions (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html). Bookmarks and cards templates in different languages will be added to a repository of materials in the FAQs as they become available.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8DsrxJ7FA A 25-second clip to introduce the date and time for the Solstice Silent Minute
- YouTube: Solstice Silent Minute Bell – This link will in future contain a video to be played on 21 December 2019 at 8:59 pm GMT/UTC for people who don’t have a bell at hand.
2019 World Servers Festival Week Video
2019 World Servers Festival Week Video may be watched and listened to in the following languages:-
- English Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRCbSxSsZOk
- Spanish: Festival Week of Humanity – Spanish Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmturYDjjgg&t=9s
- French: Festival Week of Humanity – French Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciRRUQiq_qc
- Russian: Festival Week of Humanity – Russian Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_i0TV5bdd0&feature=youtu.be
2019 World Servers Festival Week Video may be watched in English with subtitles in the following languages:-
- Japanese: 2019 World Servers Festival Week – Japanese Version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEpp-5YSVpI&list=UUtN3juvmxXSaUQ2p1m4TQIQ&index=6&t=0s
- Italian: 2019 World Servers Festival Week – Italian Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAqmEox_mxs
- Portuguese: World Servers Festival Week – Portuguese Version: https://youtu.be/qNff4Z4iV0w
- German: World Servers Festival Week – German Version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcwL3U58T6k&list=UUtN3juvmxXSaUQ2p1m4TQIQ&index=2&t=0s
- WA 5:00am
- NT 6.30am
- QLD 7:00am
- SA 7.30am
- NSW, TAS and VIC 8.00am